Top Ten Quotes About Teamwork
August 23, 2012
The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side ~Margaret Carty
There is much we can learn from the past about the timeless nature of good leadership as well as the pleasures and pitfalls of teamwork. As far back as the 18th century, Benjamin Franklin said: “We must all hang together, or assuredly, we shall all hang separately.” The greatest, most challenging goals are only achieved when we all pull in the same direction. My goal is your goal; my challenge is everyone’s challenge. History also teaches us that conflict has always and will always exist in teams. The greatest teams simply use that tension to continually move onward and upward.
1. Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.
~ Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
Working together successfully can be one of the challenges. Explore the essentials of teamwork to enhance your team’s performance.
2. Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. ~ Andrew Carnegie, American Industrialist & Philanthropist
Never lose track of your main goal, have measurable sub-goals that lead the way for you.
3. All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract them from achieving their aims. ~ Lou Holtz, American Football Coach
4. The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team. ~ Lewis B. Ergen
Encourage and praise your team members to provide them a satisfying working experience.
5. A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of the others. ~ Norman Shidle, Author
Bring talents together to work cohesively on the main goal.
6. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
~ Michael Jordan, NBA Basketball Player
7. A successful team is a group of many hands but of one mind. ~ Bill Bethel
Build your team members trust and relationships to reach the ultimate goal.
8. I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion. ~ Mia Hamm, US Soccer Star
Recognize and challenge your team members for optimal teamwork. Have a mission statement that reflects your team’s main purpose and goals.
9. Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. ~ Vince Lombardi, NFL Football Coach
Believe in the strengths of your team and the impact it can make.
10. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist
Today’s guest post is brought to you by Kristin Weger, a graduate student in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. To learn more about IncBlot’s unique team training solutions please visit our website or contact us here.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged andrew carnegie, bill bethel, henry ford, lewis b. ergen, lou holtz, margaret mead, mia hamm, michael jordan, quote, quotes, team quotes, teamwork, ten best, ten list, top ten, vince lombardi. Bookmark the permalink.
Scientific – Our programs are based on behavioral science and developed by doctors. While other firms rely on hunches and the management theory du jour, we are rooted in the bedrock of science.
Measurable – We strive for measurable impact in all that we do and determine return on investment indicators with clients before accepting any engagement. Measurable success is what dictates our term of engagement – we work until you reach your goal and not one minute more.
Enjoyable – Our engagement style is best described as “edutainment.” We believe that people learn the most when they are having fun. Our goal is to deliver scientific, measurable services in such an enjoyable way that you won’t even realize you are growing.
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011